Caketoppers Limited is a company registered in England, referred to as "Caketoppers", "we" or "us" in this policy.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Caketoppers uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Marketing and Promotional Communications
Caketoppers uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you emails to update you on the latest offers.
We aim to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails; and/or
- contacting us using the details available on this website.
Sharing data with third parties
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with our service partners, for example delivery companies. They can only use your data to provide a specific service to you for the purpose of processing your order.
Aside from our service providers we will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
What Personal Data do we Collect?
Caketoppers may collect the following information about you:
- your name and contact details, postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on the Caketoppers website;
- your password;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with us; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
- We do not retain any bank account or payment card details. When you make a purchase or place an order on our website your payment card details will only be retained by WorldPay or PayPal and their acquiring banks. WorldPay and PayPal process your payment and arrange with us for your goods to be despatched. Should you provide any payment details directly to us, e.g. over the phone, we use the details only to process the payment through WorldPay and they are then destroyed immediately.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our website, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Caketoppers and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details on this website.
Legal basis for Caketoppers processing customer personal data
We collect and use customer personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Caketoppers, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- protecting Caketoppers, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Caketoppers;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Caketoppers; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
If you have any questions about any of our policies please contact us.